McDowell Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McDowell Student Council

McDowell Student Council

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

School Lunches?

Go down 
+8
Cryptorchild
Ninja
Demosthenes
Limey
Lieutenant Commander Data
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Roland Deschain
Tyler Durden
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker
Registration date : 2009-01-28

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 pm

I think they are pretty much hit or miss.
Sometimes they have something good
i.e. chicken bowl day, breakfast day, pizzatas, and a few others.
But much more often,
The food is substandard,
Or just plain isn't good.
Not to mention prices have gone up over the past few years,
And portions have gone down,
Even though we are older now.
It just doesn't seem right,
And it only keeps getting worse,
And nothing has been done about it.

What do you all think?
Discuss.
Back to top Go down
https://mcdsc.darkbb.com
Roland Deschain
Consul
Roland Deschain

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-02

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:44 pm

I agree completely.
I have unconsciously stopped buying lunch at school, but it is for the best.
I eat a good breakfast, and eat a snack of some sort when I get home.
I'm saving money, not really being all that hungry throughout the day, and not having to put up with the sub par food.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Hmmm.
I like that idea.
I might adopt it.
Maybe that's what we need,
A boycott of school lunches
Back to top Go down
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Magistrate
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge

Male
Number of posts : 98

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 pm

It may be hit or miss, but I have to say that the school pizzas are incredible. Mainly the ones at the high-school. Once in a while the high-school pizzas crap out, but that is rare.

Pizza at the Intermediate are good at a rate of about 3.5/5 days that they are good.

Ya gotta watch for what kind of cookies you buy too, some of them are literally the best I've ever eaten, others are hard as rocks which suck.

Slushies are kick-ass.

I don't really eat main-line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hundland.org/scripts/MightyMorphinPowerRangers.txt
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge wrote:
It may be hit or miss, but I have to say that the school pizzas are incredible.
I don't really eat main-line.
"May I have a piece of your sauce?" Though the MIHS pizzas may look ...wrong... and may fundamentally be so, they do seem to taste great. I haven't tried MHS's pizzas yet though.
I never eat school lunches except for what my friends give me. And I can't really be a good judge in this matter as I'd eat just about anything.
If I ever did get into the habit of buying lunch, I would probably be quite content getting pizza/pasta or something most days except for the rare occasions of pizzatas, breakfast, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:22 am

I've never had the food at MHS, only MIHS,
So I can't vouch for or against anything there.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Senator

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-07

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:25 pm

I completely agree. The school pasta used to be great. Then they bought this crappy new sauce. Yuk. Last year, when they still did chicken strips, I got some and they were BLATANTLY pink. I said to the lunch lady "What the heck is this?" and she snatched them out of my hands and gave me new ones.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Limey wrote:
I completely agree. The school pasta used to be great. Then they bought this crappy new sauce. Yuk. Last year, when they still did chicken strips, I got some and they were BLATANTLY pink. I said to the lunch lady "What the heck is this?" and she snatched them out of my hands and gave me new ones.

The quality of food is undoubtably in a downward spiral.
Especially since this "health craze" that started this year.
No more cheese on pasta,
No more nachos,
No more anything that tastes good.
And all in the name of health.
As if a philly cheese steak is any healthier,
Or a chicken bowl is healthier,
Or a bowl of chile loaded with cheese is healthier.
This is complete BS,
Health is just a scapegoat for them.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Senator

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-07

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Its up to the student to regulate what they eat. Give us the choice.
Back to top Go down
Senator

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Limey wrote:
Its up to the student to regulate what they eat. Give us the choice.
I think that's one of the main causes of the problems in society today.

Maddox wrote:
You see, parents today don't have the time to be bothered by things like supervising their kids and teaching them right from wrong, so what we as a society need to do is ban everything objectionable.
-Maddox (Thank you Limey for the link.)

Parents are too lazy to teach their kids right from wrong, and therefore children aren't trusted with the responsibility to make choices. Instead, as the author of the above quote says, "...we as a society need to...ban everything objectionable," like websites and food, for example. The children, in turn, do not learn how to deal with responsibility, and when it is forced upon them, they can't effectively make good decisions.

I think that all parents should invest more time making sure their children develop the necessary skills for growing up. Children are parents' legacies, and you'd think the parents would want positive legacies that really add to the community and the world.

Last edited by Locke on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed some formatting, added content)
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:21 pm

I agree about parents investing more time in increasing choice making ability of their children.
But the teachers/administration also need to give us the opportunity to make choices,
Not just blindly assume we can't.
Back to top Go down
Demosthenes
Senator
Demosthenes

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-01

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I agree. The school lunches are ludicrouse in every manner. I can get around the quality of the food at some points, but the way the food is prepared dissapoints me. Every week i get something that is frozen or damn near raw. Covered in something unsavory etc etc. Or the food is absolutely burnt to a crisp. I got tired of paying my money for lunch. I signed up for free lunches, and i got approved. everyone should at least try for free or reduced lunches, just to see. It's as good as a boycott.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Demosthenes wrote:
I agree. The school lunches are ludicrouse in every manner. I can get around the quality of the food at some points, but the way the food is prepared dissapoints me. Every week i get something that is frozen or damn near raw. Covered in something unsavory etc etc. Or the food is absolutely burnt to a crisp. I got tired of paying my money for lunch. I signed up for free lunches, and i got approved. everyone should at least try for free or reduced lunches, just to see. It's as good as a boycott.

Not a bad idea Demosthenes.
Everyone should try to get on free or reduced at the beginning of next year to cut their profits.
And it really sucks if you have 4th lunch, because then you only get the worst of the worst food,
With a lot of it gone.
They don't even care about the quality of their food,
Because they know we can't buy lunch from anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male
Job/hobbies : Musician, Professional Thief
Registration date : 2009-02-06

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:49 pm

I've heard stories of when we could order pizza or something to class. i say screw the rules and do that. just the other day, i saw two girls order chinese food and have it delivered to the "6" section of the intermediate. they paid the delivery guy, and proceeded to eat their food in one of the practice rooms. (during 3rd block) Moar people doing stuff like this?
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Ninja wrote:
I've heard stories of when we could order pizza or something to class. i say screw the rules and do that. just the other day, i saw two girls order chinese food and have it delivered to the "6" section of the intermediate. they paid the delivery guy, and proceeded to eat their food in one of the practice rooms. (during 3rd block) Moar people doing stuff like this?
That's a really sweet idea,
But if too many people did it,
They'd make it against the rules,
And it's usually only allowed if a teacher sponsors and allows the people to.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

That's a really sweet idea,
But if too many people did it,
They'd make it against the rules,
And it's usually only allowed if a teacher sponsors and allows the people to.

yes, true. but lunch boycott?

our food sucks. nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:49 pm

SWEET! my post made page 2!
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:51 pm

I think a luch boycott would work great.
But we'd need a lot of people to participate.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 pm

that would take some organizing, but it might work. anybody with h4X0rz skillz get on the announcements page of mtsd.org and post. if we take over that page, we control the school.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Ninja wrote:
that would take some organizing, but it might work. anybody with h4X0rz skillz get on the announcements page of mtsd.org and post. if we take over that page, we control the school.
But we'd have to wait for it to be all planned out first.
We can't just start an unorganized war,
Anon v. School
It has to be Anon v. School after some planning.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:40 pm

join chat. let's plan.
Back to top Go down
Senator

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:04 pm

Well, I suppose you could always just look forward to the "Open Lunch" policy in your Senior year. If you have all C's or above, you can get approved to legally leave school grounds to eat lunch.
I think delivery, however, would also be a good idea. Students would have to pay more, but they'd have more say in what they eat.
Back to top Go down
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Magistrate
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:09 pm

you have to have 90% attendance or something like that too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hundland.org/scripts/MightyMorphinPowerRangers.txt
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:37 pm

But most people have decent grades and attendance,
So I don't forsee that as an issue.
But they only let like the first 30 people leave each day or some number like that.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Dude, i didnt know they would let you do that. that's so cool!
However, we arent focusing on the seniors, just underclassmen and people who dont have the opportunity/ a car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School Lunches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Lunches?   School Lunches? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School Lunches?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next