McDowell Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McDowell Student Council

McDowell Student Council

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Intolerance of the student body.

Go down 
+7
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Cryptorchild
Roland Deschain
Limey
Knarfious
Tyler Durden
Deadpool
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deadpool
Senator
Deadpool

Female
Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : Merc.
Humor : Watching others suffer.
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Intolerance of the student body. Empty
PostSubject: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 am

People are really mean to me and stuff in the hallways. I've never met these people and have wronged them in now way.

Our school has no sense of class or community. It's all divided up into cliques. Things didn't used to be like this. Twenty years ago, you can bet that most of the class was cool or at least tolerated each other. Now everyone is suddenly too cool for everyone else.

However, it's a riot to see narcissism in those who honestly shouldn't be... if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:04 pm

I concur.
I don't think it was so different 20 years ago,
But I know what you mean.
People act like jerks to eachother in the hallway,
Push through people,
Laugh at them for some random reason like clothing,
Or even just walk past after a person dropped all their books,
And do nothing to help.
But just because things have always been this way,
Doesn't mean it should always be,
But every person has the opportunity to change it just by acting like they want others to.
People imitate,
It's sad, but true.
So don't be a total jackass,
And hopefully it'll rub off on others.
Back to top Go down
https://mcdsc.darkbb.com
Knarfious
Senator
Knarfious

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Hallway Jerks   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Another issue is the people who think its just the most hillarious thing in the world to just walk by someone and scream Penis, Vagina, Balls, Boobs, ETC or just scream hi or something totaly stupid. it doesnt make you cool it makes u look like an ignorant imbicile. Mad
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Very true.
It appears people think they're cool for making jackasses of themselves.
This should not be tolerated,
We should inform these people that being disrespectful jackasses isn't actually cool or funny.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Senator

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Who cares??? These are the idiots that'll be washing our brand new Ferraris in 5 years. **** um.
Back to top Go down
Roland Deschain
Consul
Roland Deschain

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:37 pm

I believe that we all have the right to be jackasses as long as it doesn't negatively affect anyone, but it seems that the age of horrific jackassery is here. I'm not someone who is very strict on respect. I believe that as long as you aren't going out of your way to offend or hurt someone, you are well within your limits. As it has been stated, a good chunk of the student body has no respect for others who differ from them in any way. Rather than let the differences go, they use them as a reason to attack others. The only real solution to this is to be aware of this occurrence and to consciously avoid doing it ourselves. As has been said, we must set the example.

Also, I don't want a Ferrari >_>
I want a Lotus Elise D:
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 pm

That is also true, Roland.
But the big problem is when it does affect other people.
I don't care if you damage your own image,
But as soon as you affect me or my friends,
You better watch out.
Back to top Go down
Cryptorchild
Senator
Cryptorchild

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:55 pm

I'll admit to making fun of people every now and then. 90% of the time it's friendly, and within my circle of friends. It's sad when someone has to say 'their circle', but for the most part it is true. A lot of people find reasons not to be friends with people, especially because they think 'it will make them look bad'. It only makes them look like a dick. So many people are so focused on themselves. Come on people. Get your heads out of your asses, and look around at real life, because if you don't its gonna kick you pretty damn hard. Being mean to other people for no reason is not something anyone should do, but it still happens. I do it, and I'm not proud of it, but I'll fess up to it. It doesn't make me a horrible person, but it makes me want to change the fact that I do.

Years from now when you look back, will you ask yourself how much you have impacted other peoples lives?
Will you think about how many people you've lifted up along the way?
Maybe you'll think about how many people you've helped push down.
Only time will tell.

Another thing I've noticed is how little you can trust anyone anymore. It's been experienced first hand, and I absolutely hate how far it goes for some people, which is disgusting. It's not so much 'keeping secrets'. It's moreso just going around telling people EVERYTHING you say. Why can't anyone be trusted? What has changed so much that people feel the need to stab everyone that they claim to care about, in the back? You've got to admit that it is frustrating. You can't tell who you can trust, because it seems like everyone's the same in that category. Trustworthy is a trait that has been lost amongst the student body.

Makes you wonder what happened.
Who did something that totally changed the fact that you could trust at least a small group of people?
Why did we let this happen?
Who is there to trust?

Some things may be left unanswered, but they will always be asked regardless.

I apologize if my thoughts seem a little scattered and are confusing :[
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm

I agree.
People today seem to just talk about everyone for no apparent reason.
Actually,
It often seems it's to take attention off of oneself,
Or increase one's own social standing.
But i'm tired of hearing about it.
I don't really care that Sally had sex with Bob while Trisha watched.
The rumor mill at our school always works overtime.
Back to top Go down
Cryptorchild
Senator
Cryptorchild

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:07 pm

I honestly don't want to hear about anything anyone else is doing when it involves sex or drugs.
Because I so TOTALLY care that you got bombed last weekend and gave head to some guy that you didn't know in the bathroom. Yeah, thanks for letting me know. I'll never share a drink with you again.

All of the things that teenagers in our school are doing, are completely overrated. It doesn't make you cool to get high, it won't strengthen your relationship if you have sex, it's not cool that you stole from Country Fair, or whatever the hell else you are doing. I don't want to be involved, or hear about it.

People need to just shut their fucking mouths.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Cryptorchild wrote:
I honestly don't want to hear about anything anyone else is doing when it involves sex or drugs.
Because I so TOTALLY care that you got bombed last weekend and gave head to some guy that you didn't know in the bathroom. Yeah, thanks for letting me know. I'll never share a drink with you again.

All of the things that teenagers in our school are doing, are completely overrated. It doesn't make you cool to get high, it won't strengthen your relationship if you have sex, it's not cool that you stole from Country Fair, or whatever the hell else you are doing. I don't want to be involved, or hear about it.

People need to just shut their fucking mouths.

I concur.
When I here about a person brag about having sex with over 9000 girls in a weekend,
Or drinking over 9000 beers at this party,
Or almost getting and underage over 9000 times after their party got busted,
It only makes me think even worse of them,
And make a mental note not to ever hang out with them or trust them.

And as an added bonus,
I usually have a great, nearly uncontrollable urge to punch them in the testicles so they can't reproduce.
Back to top Go down
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Senator
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Male
Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Quote :
Another issue is the people who think its just the most hillarious thing in the world to just walk by someone and scream Penis, Vagina, Balls, Boobs, ETC or just scream hi or something totaly stupid. it doesnt make you cool it makes u look like an ignorant imbicile. Mad

I hate people who do shit like this. I just don't think it's funny or in good taste of humor. It's disrespectful in my eyes. People have a different view point on all sorts of different things, but this is just retarded. Life is very simple and very complicated at the same time.

Rule 1.
Make the best out of what you have, no matter what.
Rule 2.
Respect yourself. Respect those around you.
Rule 2.5.
Love.
Rule 3
People who do drugs are stupid. No exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Demosthenes
Senator
Demosthenes

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:27 pm

I have become so sick of the direction that the kids in OUR generation at OUR School are acting. Frankly. I don't care whether or not they hurt themselves. I don't know most of them from Adam. What I care about, is the negative image that these teenagers exude about our generation. They are the reason that so many adults look down on the youth of america. We need to take action to show the adults and those who control this world that not all those in our generation are low-lifes. That a decent portion of us are destined to be future leaders of America and the world, and not just the kids that stand outside of country fairs making fun of the elderly and the infirm and smoking cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Martin Luther
Senator
Martin Luther

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:43 pm

I concur with pretty much everything that's been said so far in this thread. The type we are talking about are annoying and overall just a drag on the student body - they make us look bad, they hurt themselves which in turn often hurts others, and they influence others to be like them which creates a menacing cycle. The problem is, honestly, that a lot of the type that do this also tend to do steroids and be huge monstrous barely human creatures. Which is not to say that I would be afraid to stand up to one of these types if it really came down to it, but it often isn't worth getting into a fight over something like that.

At present it would seem the most we can do is give them the respect that they deserve as humans, and love them as brothers and sisters, hoping that it will rub off on them. To reference Jesus, we are to turn the other cheek, and by loving our enemies we are heaping hot coals upon their head.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Chosen of Denier wrote:
Rule 1.
Make the best out of what you have, no matter what.
Rule 2.
Respect yourself. Respect those around you.
Rule 2.5.
Love.
Rule 3
People who do drugs are stupid. No exceptions.

Yes.
I love these.
Most of all Rule 3
Back to top Go down
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Senator
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 pm

What would you say is the ultimate cause for the intolerance of our generations student body? Could you put the blame upon the parents? Upon the student themselves? Or is it for a variety of reasons?
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:10 pm

Chosen of Denier wrote:
What would you say is the ultimate cause for the intolerance of our generations student body? Could you put the blame upon the parents? Upon the student themselves? Or is it for a variety of reasons?
We are at an age where parents should not be a legitimate source to blame,
People are now old enough to make their own decisions,
And realize their own mistakes and shortcommings,
And have the common sense not to be a dickhead.
Back to top Go down
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Senator
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Ok, this is my new signature. That is just purely epic. Well said.

Well then. Anyone else have a say in the matter?
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:29 pm

ooooh,
Yay,
I'm quoted.
Now don't I feel special

(Answer: Yes.)
Back to top Go down
Limey
Senator

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Tyler, I agree, however, we grew up with our parents beliefs and attitudes towards many things in life. They are partially to blame, however, many other factors come into play. If you ask me, our generation will be the end. Were all screwed.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Limey wrote:
Tyler, I agree, however, we grew up with our parents beliefs and attitudes towards many things in life. They are partially to blame, however, many other factors come into play. If you ask me, our generation will be the end. Were all screwed.

This is true.
But mostly during a child's younger years.
We are at the age to compare how our parents raised us with the rest of the world and form our own opinions.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Commander Data
Senator
Lieutenant Commander Data

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

We are at the age to compare how our parents raised us with the rest of the world and form our own opinions.

What if both the way our parents raised us and the rest of the world are harmful to the future? How can we find the truth if it goes against everthing we've always known?
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Because when we find the truth,
We are then exposed to something different.
It is then up to you to decide what to do with that new information.
Back to top Go down
|\|||\|_|/-|
Senator
|\|||\|_|/-|

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 pm

I be liek if u wanna rumble - get yo fuckin' gloves and lets tumble mah-fuckah.

Suck my dick, but don't call me no names yo.

Don't insult my family
Don't insult me
And sat thah mah-fuck away from mah drugs mang.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 pm

|\|||\|_|/-| wrote:
I be liek if u wanna rumble - get yo fuckin' gloves and lets tumble mah-fuckah.

Suck my dick, but don't call me no names yo.

Don't insult my family
Don't insult me
And sat thah mah-fuck away from mah drugs mang.
I'm not insulting you.
Unless you deserve to be insulted.
In which case,
Yea,
I'm insulting you.
Suck it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intolerance of the student body.   Intolerance of the student body. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intolerance of the student body.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next