McDowell Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McDowell Student Council

McDowell Student Council

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MP3 Players/iPod policy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker
Registration date : 2009-01-28

MP3 Players/iPod policy Empty
PostSubject: MP3 Players/iPod policy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 pm

What do you all think about the school's MP3 player policy?
I think it should be allowed anywhere but actually in class while its in session.
Maybe allowed in class during tests or non-lecture work,
At the discression of the individual teacher.
Back to top Go down
https://mcdsc.darkbb.com
Lieutenant Commander Data
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: MP3 Players/iPod policy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Definately ban them during tests, but I dont see any reason not to allow them in the hallway, or even in the classroom if the teacher gives permission.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

PostSubject: Re: MP3 Players/iPod policy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

I don't think MP3's could very easily be used to cheat during tests,
But I guess it's reasonable.
But there are teachers who yell at kids for using them in the morning before school even starts.
And I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed during luch either.
Back to top Go down
Knarfious
Senator
Knarfious

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: mp3 pkayer po;ocy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:38 pm

The only problem with having them going in the hallways is people who put them into both ears and blast them and cant hear others saying excuse me or move please witch can create congestion problems. Another problem that the administration would bring up is that they cant get our attention if theres an emergency or they need our attention.
Back to top Go down
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: MP3 Players/iPod policy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Knarfious wrote:
Another problem that the administration would bring up is that they cant get our attention if theres an emergency or they need our attention.
Lol, the "fire hazard" excuse again!
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: MP3 Players/iPod policy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 pm

If there really was an emergency,
Someone would just pull out the other person's headphone.
But I'm not saying people should blast it,
Just be able to listen to it.
If someone other than the one with the headphones can hear it while it's in their ears,
It's too loud.
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male
Number of posts : 145
Job/hobbies : Ethical Egotist
Humor : Yo dawg I herd u liek memes so I put a meme in yo meme so you can laugh while you laugh.
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: MP3 Players/iPod policy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:40 pm

Locke wrote:
Knarfious wrote:
Another problem that the administration would bring up is that they cant get our attention if theres an emergency or they need our attention.
Lol, the "fire hazard" excuse again!

I find it a perfectly reasonable excuse in this case. >.>

I'm iffy on this subject for the same reasons stated as above. I do feel that phones should be permitted between classes. I rather like the idea of having my iPod out during class. Music makes me concentrate more, and also the melodies help me remember things. Like my parents sometimes ask how I can read and listen to music at the same time. These types of things just come naturally, and people need to start realising it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MP3 Players/iPod policy   MP3 Players/iPod policy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP3 Players/iPod policy
Page 1 of 1