McDowell Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McDowell Student Council

McDowell Student Council

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rules that differ between both buildings.

Go down 
+4
javabean
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Ninja
Tyler Durden
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Rules that differ between both buildings. Empty
PostSubject: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:54 am

At the MIHS building,
You can't walk past the doors with a hat on without getting yelled at.
In MHS, most teachers don't care,
And you can at least get away with it for a little while.

At the MIHS building,
If they so much as suspect cell phone usage,
You will become the proud owner of a Saturday detention.
In MHS, you can often use phones,
And teachers care even less if it's between classes.

At the MIHS building,
You can only sit 8 to a lunch table,
Or you get yelled at.
In MHS,
They could care less how many people are at a table.

There's so many rules,
And they aren't even the same in each building,
And we're supposed to be one school,
One student body.
And the rules that are the same,
Are enforced differently and with different severities.

It all just seems a bit fishy to me.
idunno,
What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
https://mcdsc.darkbb.com
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male
Number of posts : 98
Job/hobbies : Musician, Professional Thief
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:30 pm

I think it's okay, kind of a reward for the upperclassmen for completing two years at the rule-ridden intermediate. How is skipping at the high school? easy?
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Skipping differs,
Depends what class.
A bit for some,
Impossible for others,
Incredibly easy for a few.
But underclassmen who take classes at the highschool and upperclassmen who take classes at MIHS get caught in the fray,
And I just think it makes for a bunch of confusion.
Back to top Go down
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Senator
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Male
Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Rules rules rules, I think it depends upon the teacher honestly.
Are they normal enough to have common sense?
Usually not.
Do they follow stupid shit?
Usually so.
Are some teachers cool enough to overlook retarded rules like the 8-to-a-table?
Usually not.

Circumstance is what drives the people among people.
Perhaps with a little luck as well.
As my Uncle always quoted.

It's better to be lucky than good, skill can only take you so far.
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male
Number of posts : 145
Job/hobbies : Ethical Egotist
Humor : Yo dawg I herd u liek memes so I put a meme in yo meme so you can laugh while you laugh.
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:12 pm

My philosophy on this subject follows my German teacher, Mr. Stephany. Basically he allows us for five minutes during the middle of class to do whatever. This includes iPods, phones, and socializing. I feel that this 'break' keeps our entire class more intentive, and more willingly to learn. Also if we abuse this privilege it can easily be taken away for that day, week, etc. I would like to see more classes adopt this practice. Also between classes phones should be permitted, but i'm iffy on iPods. There is always that small chance of being called to the office via intercom, and if you are listing to music you won't hear it.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 pm

javabean wrote:
My philosophy on this subject follows my German teacher, Mr. Stephany. Basically he allows us for five minutes during the middle of class to do whatever. This includes iPods, phones, and socializing. I feel that this 'break' keeps our entire class more intentive, and more willingly to learn. Also if we abuse this privilege it can easily be taken away for that day, week, etc. I would like to see more classes adopt this practice. Also between classes phones should be permitted, but i'm iffy on iPods. There is always that small chance of being called to the office via intercom, and if you are listing to music you won't hear it.

They usually don't call people over the intercom between classes,
They wait until you are in the class.
And if you are in the class, you have an entire class plus teacher to hear it.
But I really do like Mr. Stephany's view on it,
I can picture that making class over 9000 times better.
I also do think phones should be allowed between classes.
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male
Humor : Yo dawg I herd u liek memes so I put a meme in yo meme so you can laugh while you laugh.

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
javabean wrote:

They usually don't call people over the intercom between classes,
They wait until you are in the class.
And if you are in the class, you have an entire class plus teacher to hear it.
But I really do like Mr. Stephany's view on it,
I can picture that making class over 9000 times better.
I also do think phones should be allowed between classes.

I'm just saying you have to take these things in consideration.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Fair enough
Back to top Go down
Knarfious
Senator
Knarfious

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:29 pm

the issue with phones will be people reading them n texting while walking therefore running into eachother and causing congestion n pissing everyone off
Back to top Go down
homosapien
Senator

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:56 pm

Ninja wrote:
I think it's okay, kind of a reward for the upperclassmen for completing two years at the rule-ridden intermediate. How is skipping at the high school? easy?

I kind of agree with this. I think you should be able to earn it. Plus, a lot of teachers feel by now you have grown up since being in the intermediate.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:23 pm

But what about underclassmen at MHS,
And upperclassmen at MIHS,
They just get caught in the confusing crossfire.
Back to top Go down
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Magistrate
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge

Male
Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:51 pm

homosapien wrote:
Ninja wrote:

I kind of agree with this. I think you should be able to earn it. Plus, a lot of teachers feel by now you have grown up since being in the intermediate.
but that is like... discrimination against age
Back to top Go down
http://www.hundland.org/scripts/MightyMorphinPowerRangers.txt
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge wrote:
homosapien wrote:
Ninja wrote:

but that is like... discrimination against age
This is also true.
People shouldn't be treated better or worse simply because they're older.
I know a lot of seniors with the maturity of a walrus,
And some freshman who are 50x more mature than some adults.
Back to top Go down
copernigarud4
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 am

The reason why they are different at the two schools is because the teachers at MHS believe you are mature enough to make your own decisions and so if you want to blow their class off then that's your decision, while at MIHS they still believe you are still immature and at middle school where you cant make those decisions yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herrmann823893
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 pm

copernigarud4 wrote:
The reason why they are different at the two schools is because the teachers at MHS believe you are mature enough to make your own decisions and so if you want to blow their class off then that's your decision, while at MIHS they still believe you are still immature and at middle school where you cant make those decisions yet
But most people in all grades have classes in both schools.
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
copernigarud4 wrote:
But most people in all grades have classes in both schools.

Well most people's core classes are in their high school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules that differ between both buildings.   Rules that differ between both buildings. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules that differ between both buildings.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McDowell Student Council ::  The Everything Forum ::  Debate Board :: School Related Topics-
Jump to: