McDowell Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McDowell Student Council

McDowell Student Council

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.

Go down 
+2
Lieutenant Commander Data
Tyler Durden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker
Registration date : 2009-01-28

The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Empty
PostSubject: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Okay.
So some teachers are better than others.
That's to be expected.
Some are more liked than others.
That's understandable.
Some have more knowledge and ability,
That's fine too.

What's not fine is how some teacher's treat there students, grading procedures, teaching methods, and just their actions in general.

What kind of school hires a teacher who teaches people to build a wagon and dance,
Instead of kids learning who actually won a war and why?

What kind of school hires a history teacher who grades 50% of a project on creativity, 30% on correct grammer/english, and only 20% on actual facts.
Doesn't this seem just a bit (or a lot) disproportional?

What kind of school hires a teacher who speaks German in Spanish class and teachers her students next to nothing?

What kind of school hires a coach who won't allow a student to play ROTC volleyball because he says its not a real sport and wants the student to spend after school weight lifting every day just so he can be bigger for next season, even though there are supposed to be exemptions for those playing other sports during the off season?

These are just a few things I have noticed,
And find ridiculous.
It's just not right.
Am I the only one who thinks this?
There are more instances than this,
but this is all I could think of off the top of my head.
Post your responses and own opinions,
Because I think something is wrong that needs to be changed.
Back to top Go down
https://mcdsc.darkbb.com
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, I can tell you how to fix this.

First, you have to get a large committee of students together. The purpose of this committee is to decide how to go about doing something about this problem.

Next, this committee decides to form another committee to petition the School Board or whoever does the hiring to listen to them.

The employers will then require that the students form another committee to find reasons why they should consider doing anything.

Then, once you have their attention, they will form a committee to decide whether or not to do something.

In order to come up with this decision, they must form a committee to gather information, as if the information that the students provided wasn't good enough.

IF they find that something needs to be done, they will form another committee to try to figure out a good way of going about doing something.

Then someone in this committee will think of the bright, though off-topic, idea of double-checking that the students put enough effort into convincing them, and would thus form a committee to investigate the students' methods of exacting this change.

After the committee from two paragraphs up reaches a conclusion, it will sound too good to be true to them, so, of course, they form a committee to investigate the whole thing's authenticity.

Then a committee will be formed to make sure that the members of the authenticating committee are doing their job well, but will soon be disbanded as they realize that the students may start complaining that they investigate authenticators, but not the teachers themselves.

(here's the good part)
Now that they are completely content in their plan, satisfied that they developed it very well and effeciently, and assured that it will bring about a positive change, they will form a committee to implement their plan.

After implementing the plan, they soon learn that no one is satisfied. They must then form a committee to find out why.

Reluctantly, they admit to themselves that the problem was their incompetence, but try to blame it on something silly like lack of funding, or, of all things, a lack of planning in the beginning stages.

And finally, they form a committee to make sure everything gets covered up.

Conclusion: Don't bother. By the time anything would get done, you will have graduated.
Back to top Go down
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Magistrate
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge

Male
Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Perhaps graduated for some of us, however a recognition will have been made if things go as we currently have planned. Policies that we could request changed, don't necessarily have to be the glue of the district, but simple annoyances to the students. I've seen some policies enacted ~just because 3 students thought it a good idea~. This idea is currently used today and it happened in the course of 1 year.

Lol at the lack of funding. McDowell is like the richest high school I've seen, but hey, I can't really deny this until its been tried. And if I am graduated before a policy is passed, at least the idea will be passed onto other students at McDowell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hundland.org/scripts/MightyMorphinPowerRangers.txt
Limey
Senator

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Some teachers are there because they get a paycheck, others, for example Mr Davis (awesome teacher) care about the students. It happens. Its life.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Limey wrote:
Some teachers are there because they get a paycheck, others, for example Mr Davis (awesome teacher) care about the students. It happens. Its life.
Yes,
It does happen.
But it shouldn't,
Especially with how bad some teachers are.
We need at least some standards,
I mean really.
Back to top Go down
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Senator
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Male
Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:10 pm

You see, this is also an occurring problem with the Intensified Block scheduling. They have to hire more teachers, unless the want each teacher to have 240 students. I think teachers should be people that can relate to people. It's that simple. Even if they really aren't that good at what they do, as long as you know they love it. They're in for my books.

Mrs. Domsic?
-doesn't love her job
-doesn't like kids
-doesn't love math
-doesn't like people
-annoying
-controlling
-childish
-tired

Good teacher? Perhaps in some years she may develop some potential. As for now. Well, she is taking on life much to fast. A new job, pregnant, and a new house all in 3 months. What do we love about certain teachers? I think it's their ability to relate individually with a large number of people in a very short amount of time.
Back to top Go down
|\|||\|_|/-|
Senator
|\|||\|_|/-|

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Teachers can suck mah big fat peepee.
I dont take shit yo.
Those meanie teachers aint gunna leave yo so just deal-wit'em and stop complaining.
You guys actualy gunna do stuff or just list whats wrong with faculty?
Mah-fuckahz out yo!
Back to top Go down
Limey
Senator

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:54 pm

Capt. Jean-Luc Picard wrote:
You see, this is also an occurring problem with the Intensified Block scheduling. They have to hire more teachers, unless the want each teacher to have 240 students. I think teachers should be people that can relate to people. It's that simple. Even if they really aren't that good at what they do, as long as you know they love it. They're in for my books.

Mrs. Domsic?
-doesn't love her job
-doesn't like kids
-doesn't love math
-doesn't like people
-annoying
-controlling
-childish
-tired

Good teacher? Perhaps in some years she may develop some potential. As for now. Well, she is taking on life much to fast. A new job, pregnant, and a new house all in 3 months. What do we love about certain teachers? I think it's their ability to relate individually with a large number of people in a very short amount of time.

I definitely agree. I like teachers that are more "human" lmao! They're just people that come in and do what they love to do. I think its great when teachers crack jokes with me and throw me around a little bit. It shows me that they do care and that they like what they do. Teachers that are all work and no play, just dont work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.   The kinds of teachers McDowell hires. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The kinds of teachers McDowell hires.
Page 1 of 1