McDowell Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McDowell Student Council

McDowell Student Council

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scheduling :T

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
javabean
Consul

Male
Number of posts : 145
Job/hobbies : Ethical Egotist
Humor : Yo dawg I herd u liek memes so I put a meme in yo meme so you can laugh while you laugh.
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Scheduling :T Empty
PostSubject: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Before we get srs scheduling is an odd word to spell. >__> It doesn't look right, but it's spelled correctly. Scheduling.

Alright so what are some of the classes are you guys going to take next year? I have one credit left and I have no clue what to do with it. Here is what I should be taking next year.
HC AP Literature and Composition 11
HC US and the World 11
H Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry
H Chemistry
Advanced Exploring Writing
H German 3
The Hero's Journey: Star Wars and Beyond

I'm lost on what to do with my last credit. I might just take AP Chemistry to get rid of it. Sadly though science is my worst subject and I don't want to lose two credits for not keeping up, but if I pass I don't have to take science my senior year. So has anyone taken AP Chem here, and give me a jist on the level of pain it gives? Maybe we can have some classes next year with eachother, and not even know it. >.3
Back to top Go down
crowdXwar
Senator
crowdXwar

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:43 pm

AP english is the biggest joke of a class ever to exist. You do nothing but write, and Zeisloft gives you weeks per major assignment. HC history has Mr Graham as a teacher, who is just a bit better than Henninger, but not by much. If you had Davis, you'll probably ace the class. I had Henninger and I have a 102%. AP Chem, as long as you're decent at math/paying attention, you'll do fine. I have a B and I sleep all class. Mr Pikiewicz teaches AP chem, and is quite the interesting fellow. He gives out tons of extra credit and curves the tests down to like 50% of what they're actually worth. So if you do your work, you'll be fine in that class.
Oh, and he really likes spam. The food, not lol u tk him 2 da bar|

But for me, I'm taking:
AP Eng 12
AP Gov't. and Politics
Honors Economics
AP Calculus
AP Physics
AP Computer Sciences
and then probably c++2
Back to top Go down
http://tateonefour.blogspot.com
javabean
Consul

Male
Humor : Yo dawg I herd u liek memes so I put a meme in yo meme so you can laugh while you laugh.

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:29 pm

crowdXwar wrote:
AP english is the biggest joke of a class ever to exist. You do nothing but write, and Zeisloft gives you weeks per major assignment. HC history has Mr Graham as a teacher, who is just a bit better than Henninger, but not by much. If you had Davis, you'll probably ace the class. I had Henninger and I have a 102%. AP Chem, as long as you're decent at math/paying attention, you'll do fine. I have a B and I sleep all class. Mr Pikiewicz teaches AP chem, and is quite the interesting fellow. He gives out tons of extra credit and curves the tests down to like 50% of what they're actually worth. So if you do your work, you'll be fine in that class.
Oh, and he really likes spam. The food, not lol u tk him 2 da bar|

I'm really good at maths and I can't pay attention. So I guess that balances everything out. Wink I guess i'll take AP Chem. The class sounds easy.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:59 pm

I'm taking AP Chem
HC AP English 11
HC History
H Precal/trig
Aerspace Science 3,
And I'm undecided with my last credit.
Back to top Go down
https://mcdsc.darkbb.com
javabean
Consul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
I'm taking AP Chem
HC AP English 11
HC History
H Precal/trig
Aerspace Science 3,

I thought we all were going to take Hero's Journey. If all else fails Spanish 4 lol.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 pm

javabean wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
I'm taking AP Chem
HC AP English 11
HC History
H Precal/trig
Aerspace Science 3,

I thought we all were going to take Hero's Journey. If all else fails Spanish 4 lol.
Oh, right right.
I will deffinitely add that.
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:27 pm

I can't wait to see Ms. McCoy's face next year when she realizes that she has to deal with us for another year lol. Also this class is going to be a complete blow-off because she taught us the Hero's Journey with The Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 pm

javabean wrote:
I can't wait to see Ms. McCoy's face next year when she realizes that she has to deal with us for another year lol. Also this class is going to be a complete blow-off because she taught us the Hero's Journey with The Odyssey.
Mhm.
I hear its a bunch of writing though.
Back to top Go down
crowdXwar
Senator
crowdXwar

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 pm

javabean wrote:
Wait, you read the odyssey for McCoy? My class never did anything. We spent the entire fourth quarter working on our hero's journey comic books
Also wasn't McCoy going to retire after this year?
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Commander Data
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 pm

lol McCoy...
"We're going to read like 5 books this year!"

*after Tale of Two Cities and Hero's Journey Comic Books*

"Oh, there's only two weeks of school left. You'd better hurry and read Julius Caesar. It will be on the final whether you finish it or not. I guess we won't get to those other books."

As for course suggestions, I really wouldn't know what you like, as I'm more of a computer-math person, and you seem to be more inclined to writing and stuff. I just wanted to warn you that Hero's Journey is the same exact thing as 10th grade english, so you should probably find somthing else to do with your time.

I'm very excited for next year. I'm so glad they added the AP Comp Sci class. It will be great taking a computer class from someone other than Mr. B. I'll also take AP Physics, AP Calc, and maybe a few other math courses. I'm going to try to fill up my schedule so I don't have to take orchestra again.
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Replace those comic books with The Odyssey and we have the same class basically. It took us about 2 1/2 quarters to read the entire book lol. Now we are about to start A Tale of Two Cities. I doubt we will finish. >_> I wish I could take more senior courses. Taking political classes is kinda hard if all the classes are senior only (Except Business Law, but i'm taking that now). I might take up journalism for lols.
Back to top Go down
crowdXwar
Senator
crowdXwar

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 am

Lieutenant Commander Data wrote:
lol McCoy...
"We're going to read like 5 books this year!"

*after Tale of Two Cities and Hero's Journey Comic Books*

"Oh, there's only two weeks of school left. You'd better hurry and read Julius Caesar. It will be on the final whether you finish it or not. I guess we won't get to those other books."

As for course suggestions, I really wouldn't know what you like, as I'm more of a computer-math person, and you seem to be more inclined to writing and stuff. I just wanted to warn you that Hero's Journey is the same exact thing as 10th grade english, so you should probably find somthing else to do with your time.

I'm very excited for next year. I'm so glad they added the AP Comp Sci class. It will be great taking a computer class from someone other than Mr. B. I'll also take AP Physics, AP Calc, and maybe a few other math courses. I'm going to try to fill up my schedule so I don't have to take orchestra again.
Do you know who's teaching AP comp sci?
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:16 pm

I've finalized my schedule. My mom won't let me take AP Chemistry unless she "talks" with Mrs. Taylor. >:U If anyone knows me I abuse Taylor's grading habits so I can procrastinate more. If my mom found out about this she would kill me. So i'm sticking with honors.

AP HC English 11
HC History 11
H Pre-Cal/Trig
H Chemistry
H German 3
Journalism 1
Advanced Exploring Writing
Programming Java 1

Someone better take Java with me. I have to live up to my name yakno'! (Get it? Java. Javabean. hurr hurr)
Back to top Go down
crowdXwar
Senator
crowdXwar

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 pm

javabean wrote:
I've finalized my schedule. My mom won't let me take AP Chemistry unless she "talks" with Mrs. Taylor. >:U If anyone knows me I abuse Taylor's grading habits so I can procrastinate more. If my mom found out about this she would kill me. So i'm sticking with honors.
I did the same thing to Mrs Taylor, but I think she didn't care because I had her for two years of homeroom.
Also lol@java. What a blowoff
Back to top Go down
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:30 pm

crowdXwar wrote:

Do you know who's teaching AP comp sci?
I think it's Miss K, but I could be wrong. I sure hope it isn't Mr. B.

Yea, Mr. B's classes are fun. Especially when they're really small. He can't teach though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scheduling :T   Scheduling :T Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scheduling :T
Page 1 of 1