McDowell Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McDowell Student Council

McDowell Student Council

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The glory of the technology of the library

Go down 
+6
Lieutenant Commander Data
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Cryptorchild
Tyler Durden
Ninja
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Magistrate
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-28

The glory of the technology of the library Empty
PostSubject: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:52 pm

During my English class there was an assignment that me and a group of my friends had to work on. It was a fun assignment, if I have to say so. The assignment did involve communication and multiple computers. Unfortunately for us, the classroom didn't have a lot of computers, so we had to go down to the dreaded library.

We enter and lay our eyes upon the face of a rat, but shockingly enough, it was a woman. The head Librarian of the Intermediate High School. She has a real snotty attitude and strict agenda. We hand her a pass from our teacher and take three computers that are lined against the wall.

This is a project that requires discussion, so we start conversing on our course of action for an 'A' or whatever good grade we can get. About a minute into talking and the rule-crazed librarian says, "SHHHH!!! No talking in the library!" We take a glance around and make the mention of the fact that there are only three people in the library, that being us, and she freaks out. She repeats herself and storms off.

After a second or two of chuckling to ourselves, we start talking again, and pull up the defense that we are doing a presentation that requires social activity, not mental com links. Fortunately, she gives us five minutes before she returns and demands silence.

The three of us get up and walk out, because, at that point, we've had it and couldn't do our work without talking to each other. We go to our teacher and explain the situation. The teacher says that it is cool and we can boot someone that is off of their computer to do our work.

Moral of the story? Don't take shit from the library teachers. Tell your teacher if you have a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hundland.org/scripts/MightyMorphinPowerRangers.txt
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male
Job/hobbies : Musician, Professional Thief
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:54 pm

ahhh Mrs. Houston? i dont think anybody likes her. at all.
Back to top Go down
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Magistrate
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:56 pm

the one that looks like a bloody rat?

Razz

sorry, but thats what she looks like.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Senator
Ninja

Male
Job/hobbies : Musician, Professional Thief
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:58 pm

she's the one
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Number of posts : 325
Job/hobbies : Paper Street Soap Co.
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:01 pm

What teacher's class was it for?
And yea,
The library staff aren't the most sensical/logical people in the school.
Back to top Go down
https://mcdsc.darkbb.com
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge
Magistrate
Lt. Cmd. Gordy LaForge

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Master Wisor. His computers are lined up against the wall, his class was by far my favorite for the entire time I've been to McDowell.
Back to top Go down
Cryptorchild
Senator
Cryptorchild

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:29 pm

I find this funny. Sorry, but I do. Mrs. Houston likes me.
Every time I go to the library she gets all excited and it's a little creepy.
Hi. Glad to be here. Can I get my books and leave now?
Haha. Sorry about your bad experience. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
Senator
Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Male
Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:31 pm

That's excellent. I love how she does that. She also, always gives us a half hour lecture on how to use net trekker. Which no one ever uses.
Back to top Go down
Cryptorchild
Senator
Cryptorchild

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:37 pm

You would honestly think after the first fifty million times she goes on and on about it would be enough.
Clearly that is not the case that she sees. XD
Of course she'll always tell you to use it when you ask if the library has a certain book because you don't have time to look it up.

&&God forbid you don't tell her if you liked the book you're returning or not.
study
Saving yourself from twenty minutes of awkward conversation is such a horrible thing, don't you think?
sheesh.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male
Humor : So a guy walks into a bar.... Well I forget the punchline, but your mom's a hooker

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Not to mention how hilarious her hatred of Google is.
Back to top Go down
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 62
Job/hobbies : programming/web dev.
Humor : USE THE <br />!
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
You don't believe that Google is the devil? o.O
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Locke wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
I love Google with a passion deep within my soul.
Back to top Go down
Senator

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Locke wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
So do I. xD
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Well now I'm glad we understand each other.
Back to top Go down
Knarfious
Senator
Knarfious

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:41 pm

shed flip shit if she saw blackle thats just like satans google haha. its funny how none of the staff there know how to properly check out books
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male
Number of posts : 145
Job/hobbies : Ethical Egotist
Humor : Yo dawg I herd u liek memes so I put a meme in yo meme so you can laugh while you laugh.
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Locke wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Google is like Wiki; it's always right, no exceptions. Oddy most of my Google searches are just for spelling when i'm online, I rarely use it for any practical purposes. :S

My biggest complaint about our library is the fact that you need a pink pass to go down to it during activity period. One instance that sticks out in my mind is when me and a friend went down to the library to copy our reports for one of the dreaded Henninger projects. When we were there Ms. Houston RAN and closed the door and then yelled at use like we committed some kind of felony. I even explained to her that I needed to use the copier for the entire classes benefit and she bluntly said "GTFO." (Well not literally of course)
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:38 pm

javabean wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Locke wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Google is like Wiki; it's always right, no exceptions. Oddy most of my Google searches are just for spelling when i'm online, I rarely use it for any practical purposes. :S

My biggest complaint about our library is the fact that you need a pink pass to go down to it during activity period. One instance that sticks out in my mind is when me and a friend went down to the library to copy our reports for one of the dreaded Henninger projects. When we were there Ms. Houston RAN and closed the door and then yelled at use like we committed some kind of felony. I even explained to her that I needed to use the copier for the entire classes benefit and she bluntly said "GTFO." (Well not literally of course)

I too often use Google to check spelling.
Weird.
And yea,
Mrs. Huston takes her job way to seriously.
All in favor of calling her the library Nazi?
All opposed?
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male
Humor : Yo dawg I herd u liek memes so I put a meme in yo meme so you can laugh while you laugh.

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:55 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
javabean wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Locke wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

I too often use Google to check spelling.
Weird.
And yea,
Mrs. Huston takes her job way to seriously.
All in favor of calling her the library Nazi?
All opposed?

I would consider Nazi to be too radical for a librarian. I would go with something simple like just plain failure. Honestly she is a high school librarian who takes her "job" too SERIOUSLY. That defines failure. Being a librarian at a high school is probably the most laid-back thing ever; well it should be at least. I mean how can you be so serious about organising books that will only be checked out for the sole purpose of projects (meaning like once a year)? I can't remember the last time I went to the school library for my own leisure because well going to the library is so unconvenient. I like to read, but I would rather buy the book instead of renting it.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:30 pm

I too don't go to our library for pleasure reading often,
But I know several people who do.
But the point still is,
She is way too controling and serious about her job for a librarian.
Back to top Go down
Senator

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:13 pm

I was thinking of using the library's computers to put together some MIDIs for a song I'm arranging until I read this thread. Now that's not an option. I'll have to try to get Hetrick to let me use his computer...
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Lol,
Yea.
Music/noise/activity/people in the library=no no for Mrs. Huston.
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Senator
Quagmire

Male
Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : Bum
Humor : Family Guy
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Knarfious wrote:
shed flip shit if she saw blackle thats just like satans google haha. its funny how none of the staff there know how to properly check out books
I know!
I had to have Ms Blair check me out a book, and that ordeal just ruined my day.
Back to top Go down
|\|||\|_|/-|
Senator
|\|||\|_|/-|

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Librarians are pretty damn strict yo.
Them mah-fuckahz like to keep them books real straight.
next time yah better just take thah comp right ouda da wall and walk home wit' it.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Durden
Magistrate
Tyler Durden

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 am

|\|||\|_|/-| wrote:
next time yah better just take thah comp right ouda da wall and walk home wit' it.
Because that's realistic....
Back to top Go down
javabean
Consul

Male

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:27 am

|\|||\|_|/-| wrote:

Oh yey I love committing embezzlement also! Shortly after we can sell those computers on Ebay and be charged with extortion! I love going to jail!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The glory of the technology of the library   The glory of the technology of the library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The glory of the technology of the library
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McDowell Student Council ::  Writing :: Short Stories/Personal Experiences-
Jump to: